FORUMS: list search recent posts

Timecode from FCP to M2000

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Richford
Timecode from FCP to M2000
on May 25, 2007 at 4:04:15 pm

Now you see it -now you don't-
what is the secret to getting timecode from FCP running on G5 w/Kona LHe to Sony M 2000?
I have succesfully recorded the timecode from the FCP timeline to tape in the past and now it refuses. Have tried "Print to Video" / running HDSDI in Freerun as we have no master sync, Has anyone had this experience???
Mark :-)

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Timecode from FCP to M2000
on May 25, 2007 at 4:13:29 pm

[Mark Richford] " have succesfully recorded the timecode from the FCP timeline to tape in the past and now it refuses. Have tried "Print to Video" / running HDSDI in Freerun as we have no master sync, Has anyone had this experience"

FCP does not see TC over HDSDI, only over 9pin serial.

how do you control the deck?

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

Mark Richford
on May 25, 2007 at 4:25:28 pm

control w/ 9 pin--usually have bars/tone/slate on timeline and start first frame of video at 01:00;00:00 and usually just punch and go (assemble) GET SPEED AND HIT GO ON THE TIMELINE. and hit caps lock a lot :-)

Return to posts index

lumiere
on May 25, 2007 at 5:24:59 pm

Couple things to check:

- Deck should have TC set to EXT
- Edit to tape window should have TC selected (yellow on)

F

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on May 25, 2007 at 6:19:47 pm

Why aren't you using Edit To Tape? Print to Tape is for crash recording. With ETT you have precise control over your in-point.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark Richford
on May 25, 2007 at 7:14:07 pm

Looks like the answer is in the colon. When setting the timecode offset in the Kona LHe timecode window, one MUST enter the colons between the hour/minutes/secs/frms. This thing has driven me nutz! Thanks to both the first responders who helped me feel that I was not alone out here in the middle of the Pacific. Mucho Mahalos!

Return to posts index

Michael Alberts
on May 25, 2007 at 7:24:22 pm

If you open the ETT window and select the Black and Code button, FCP will format the tape with the proper code. Then when you punch in a beginning ouput timecode, FCP will recognize the t.c. type (DF or NDF). No futzing around manually with the colon or semi-colon.

Michael Alberts
Ambidextrous Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]