FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP6 and KONA3

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg Jones
FCP6 and KONA3
on May 18, 2007 at 1:57:38 pm

Just curious if the KONA3 works with FCP 6 yet. Just received my box today and don't want to install until there is support.

Greg Jones
D7,Inc.
Orlando,Fl.

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
Re: FCP6 and KONA3
on May 18, 2007 at 3:26:56 pm

[Greg Jones] "Just curious if the KONA3 works with FCP 6 yet. Just received my box today and don't want to install until there is support."

It's interesting to see how this is working. You have yours in your hand, yet if you call Apple they will tell you that they aren't shipping yet... not until the 31st.

I placed an order on 4/24 with overnight shipping and mine hasn't shipped yet. Somebody else placed an order 2 days ago and they have a tracking number for delivery today.

It's nice to know that your place in line means nothing...

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Apple Certified Trainer: Final Cut Pro 5

Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
Re: FCP6 and KONA3 /All Kona Products
on May 18, 2007 at 3:45:13 pm

I got a shipment notification from Apple today.

AJA, what's the status of Kona product line with FCP6. Any guidance here, yet.

Are the latest Kona drivers good to go with FCP6, or will there be a driver update?

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 18, 2007 at 5:23:00 pm

AJA has never let us down, but there has to be enough people with FCP6 testing this software so that it is good to go give it time.

relax, they will tell use when it is ready. ( and how do you know the current driver is not working?)

I think you are all crazy to be wanting to use a brand new product version on the day you get a box, I think your should spend the first day backing everything on your machine up BEFORE you think about installing new software.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

Mitch Ives
on May 18, 2007 at 5:38:19 pm

[gary adcock] "AJA has never let us down, but there has to be enough people with FCP6 testing this software so that it is good to go give it time.

relax, they will tell use when it is ready. ( and how do you know the current driver is not working?)"

It's being posted today.

[gary adcock] "I think you are all crazy to be wanting to use a brand new product version on the day you get a box, I think your should spend the first day backing everything on your machine up BEFORE you think about installing new software."

Already done.

Mitch Ives
Insight Productions Corp.
mitch@insightproductions.com

Apple Certified Trainer: Final Cut Pro 5

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 18, 2007 at 10:47:38 pm

[Mitch Ives] "It's being posted today."

they are now up on the aja site.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 19, 2007 at 12:40:08 am

,,,,and we can now make window burns from the timeline using FCPs timecode.

Can't wait to try that out!

Return to posts index

Rich Rubasch
on May 19, 2007 at 1:31:04 am

Other than adding new features, can anyone from Aja confirm if there were significant changes that had to be made to the core of the driver? Or was it more like adding features to compliment the new software?

I'm kind of curious because I have two Pipe Studo machines and since Aurora is no longer in business (thanks Apple) new drivers are unlikely. So I wonder how much of a rewrite the drivers are. We are trying to convince a few of the old Aurora programmers to get us the new drivers!

Rich Rubasch
Tilt Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]