FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can you remove Easy Setups from the list?/FCP6

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Wild
Can you remove Easy Setups from the list?/FCP6
on May 17, 2007 at 2:52:44 am

Has anyone done this? I can't stand the mile long list of Easy Setups and Viewing selections. Has anyone successfully done this? I tried and moved some things to a new folder and they still seemed to be there. Confusing...

I am glad that FCP6 has a new limiter on Easy Setups...you can check to only show certain framerates, codecs, etc. Much better.

http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/finalcutpro/

By the way, FCP6, (besides Color and the HUGE benefit of different resolutions/framerates on the timeline) sure doesn't look THAT much more advanced. I am very surprised at the list in the "What's New?" document that Apple has now posted. It's not that long. I am pretty disappointed that Media Manager wasn't totally re-done. Sounds like they did add some additional ease to reconnecting clips, at least.

Thx.

Kevin

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Can you remove Easy Setups from the list?/FCP6
on May 17, 2007 at 4:01:26 am

[Kevin Wild] "Has anyone done this? I can't stand the mile long list of Easy Setups and Viewing selections. Has anyone successfully done this? I tried and moved some things to a new folder and they still seemed to be there. Confusing..."

You can add a star (like this: Kevins_Awesome_EasySetup*) then that easy setup will show up in the easy setups menu when you don't show all. So if you DEselect the show all button on the easy setups window, Kevins_Awesome_EasySetup will show up in that menu. That cuts down on all the easy setups to sort through.

[Kevin Wild] " I am very surprised at the list in the "What's New?" document that Apple has now posted. It's not that long."

Are you kidding? It's 10 pages long! and it doesn't even include Color.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
on May 17, 2007 at 5:21:59 am

10 pages, but did you read it? It's not the ground-up build that many of us were expecting after them missing NAB altogether last year. I actually had some pretty good info that the FCP6 team wasn't in the same building as the old team this past year...so maybe I had MUCH higher expectations. Maybe it's next NAB...

Thanks for the tip. We already do that on our systems with the whole "**" workaround. Just wondering if anyone has succesfully deleted others that go unused 99% of the time.

KW

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 17, 2007 at 5:28:17 am

Try trashing your preferences after you move them out of that folder.

Also, if you name your easy setups, like KW_Easysetup, KW_Easysetup_2 or whatever, it's a lot easier to find in the menu, know what I mean? That combined with the asterisk you'll be farting through silk.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
on May 17, 2007 at 5:29:58 am

Thanks. Hopefully this new way FCP6 is doing Easy Setups will help, too.

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
on May 17, 2007 at 5:29:01 am

I just re-read it and I have to say that some of the new features are cool, but just integrated things from other apps. I guess that's why it's less impressive.
-Master Templates-code taken straight from Motion
-SmoothCamFilter-code taken right from Shake

Yes, a slew of new codecs is good with the ProRes422 being (hopefully) great. But these codecs are only exciting if you need them. We have no need currently for almost all of the codecs they have added. Is it good they added them? Sure...but I'm not so sure we won't still end up using DVCProHD and 8 Bit Uncompressed...just like we always do.

There are some good things, don't get me wrong. Just expected more in this LONG wait...

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on May 17, 2007 at 5:41:46 am

[Kevin Wild] "but just integrated things from other apps. I guess that's why it's less impressive."

I think it's awesome, maybe now I will try and use STPro in a round trip fashion.

[Kevin Wild] "But these codecs are only exciting if you need them."

Man, i can't wait for a lower bandwidth, but still high quality 10 bit codec. I work in 10 bit all the time, it would be nice to have some rt with it and not succumb to DVCPRO HD. If prores is nice, yes it is great they added this. Plus it opens up a lot of doors for on set capture.

[Kevin Wild] "Thanks. Hopefully this new way FCP6 is doing Easy Setups will help, too.
"

It seems like that will be handy.

Off to sleep...

JG

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on May 18, 2007 at 10:40:39 am

One thing you can do is go to the root folder and then create a new folder in a different place called "unused easy setups" Then drag all of the easy setups you do not use to that folder. If you end up needing a PAL set up orsomething down the road then you can find it, but it will not clutter up the basic set-ups you use.

David

Peace and Love :)
Read my Blog
http://blogs.creativecow.net/DavidBattistella

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]