FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mac Pro 8-core w/ Kona3 not restarting

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
msacci
Mac Pro 8-core w/ Kona3 not restarting
on May 13, 2007 at 2:28:03 am

Has anyone had this problem.

I have the card set up in the slot that the manuals says (slot 4). The expansion slot utility say that is it running below max speed 4x instead of 8x but that is the way the manual pictures it. It seems to be running okay but my system will not restart. It goes to black and then nothing no start up sound. But if I shut it down and wait a minute or so it boots up just fine.

At first I thought it was the SATA card and/or drives but system restart fine with them after I pull the Kona 3 out.

I have 3.4 driver loaded. no conflicts when I run aja's utility software.

Return to posts index

fergush
Re: Mac Pro 8-core w/ Kona3 not restarting
on May 13, 2007 at 1:46:02 pm

I had a very similiar problem. My Mac (an 8-core Mac Pro with 16 GB RAM and the FX 4500 card) has an LHe card. It was running the previous version of the Kona software and I was having no problems.

However, after I installed the 3.4 software, the Mac wouldn't restart. It would start up ok from being off but if I tried to restart, it only reboot partially. The screens black and I'd hear a clicking sound coming from the monitors I've got on the breakout box. Completely uninstalled the Kona software didn't help, nor did zapping the p-ram.

What finally did work was resetting the SMC on the Mac Pro:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304123

I used the option of pulling all the plugs, leaving everything off for at least 15 seconds, then reconnecting and restarting.

The Mac started - and restarted - ok after that and I didn't have any problems installing the 3.4 Kona software. Things have been fine since then.

Regards,
fh

Return to posts index

msacci
Re: Mac Pro 8-core w/ Kona3 not restarting
on May 14, 2007 at 2:34:49 am

tried both methods of resetting the SMC and it still will not restart. I have to shut it down and wait about a minute and it starts up fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]