FORUMS: list search recent posts

kona LHe issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david issko
kona LHe issues
on May 7, 2007 at 12:54:30 pm

ok, so after a smooth installation, seting and checking inputs and outputs via the b.o.b., composite video o/p is monochrome and image is unlocked rolling around on screen.

i have sdsd oi/p from pal 625i25 digi beta tapes going into sdi i/p of aja. cvbs bnc to monitor composite input in pal. all setup parameters are in accordance with pal 625 and the signal path diagram indicates all is correctly setup with right video signal flow.

the sdi embedded audio o/p from the rca connectors works a treat.

yes, i have set up fcp 5.1.x correctly and selected all relevant pal 625 input options without success.

any clues?

even when referencing to house black, no change. in fact, when aja card has default test o/p as a free running source, bars are still mono & rolling.

this happens from bob comp o/p and from the stand alone breakout cable also supplied.

all i/p and o/p i believe are set correctly for pal 625.

any ideas other than a possible faulty comp video o/p?

thanks
david issko

Return to posts index

chrispy
Re: kona LHe issues
on May 7, 2007 at 3:24:35 pm

Check the Kona Control Panel and make sure the analog output is set the Composite as it defaults to Component.

Even if it is set to Component, you should only see a monochrome output and not rolling around on screen.

Is the Format in Kona Control Panel set to 625i ?

-chrispy

Return to posts index

david issko
on May 7, 2007 at 8:41:35 pm

thanks for that.
every setting is how it should be for sd pal and all i/p & o/p set right with monitoring set to composite.

i even switched o/p but without success.

point is, as a stand alone unit, no i/p free running internally generated test o/p, still mono & rolling.

faulty card? faulty pins?

i will find out today hopefully.

thanks again
david issko

Return to posts index

curtisdp
on May 7, 2007 at 10:51:59 pm

Check out posting below, I've been dealing with this issue too with Kona 2:
http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/98/864543?

Cheers,
G

Return to posts index

chrispy
on May 8, 2007 at 4:17:33 am

Bypass the BOB and use the breakout cable that came with the LHe...this will confirm if the card or the BOB is causing the problem.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

david issko
on May 8, 2007 at 1:49:23 pm

thanks for the tip but i already tried that trick. see my first post. no good with that option.

so, i re installed OSX and iam setting up 2 hdds - one with fcp & all things kona and osx and the other with media100 (the reason i bought it) and never the two shall meet.

all ok no conflicts now. it was media100 and kona v3.4 at war with each other trying to take control of the aja board.

thanks
david

Return to posts index

chrispy
on May 8, 2007 at 2:17:41 pm

There was nothing mentioned in your earlier post about the presence of the Media100...if it was mentioned, I would've suggested that you try with a fresh OSX without the Media100 or uninstall Media100 to see if it makes any difference.

It was a piece of vital information but you've figured out the issue already.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]