FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing 1080p into FCP problems

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
moodyglasgow
Capturing 1080p into FCP problems
on May 2, 2007 at 7:43:27 pm

Hi!
I am trying to capture some footage shot at 1080 psf 23.98, using a Kona3 card, going into a FCP5.1 system. The system is a G5 quad, 2GB RAM, and using an XServe RAID for storage(3.5TB all the drives on one side).

The problem is, the footage captured looks like its dropping frames when played back. I've looked at the Quicktimes in the capture scratch and they appear to be dropping frames also.

Has anyone seen this problem before? My instinct tells me that it is dropping frames on capture, most likely because of the storage system.

Any thoughts?

moody glasgow
smoke artist / editor

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Capturing 1080p into FCP problems
on May 2, 2007 at 9:00:14 pm

[moodyglasgow] "I am trying to capture some footage shot at 1080 psf 23.98, using a Kona3 card, going into a FCP5.1 system. The system is a G5 quad, 2GB RAM, and using an XServe RAID for storage(3.5TB all the drives on one side)."

First off it sounds as if your array in not going to be up to speed. While it may seem that you have enough drives, make sure that the Cache is turned off and you are running the most current version of the firmware on the raid updated.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

moodyglasgow
on May 2, 2007 at 11:05:58 pm

I know cache is turned off, I'll double check the firmware on the raid to see if needs an update.

thanks

Return to posts index

chrispy
on May 3, 2007 at 4:16:24 am

Use the AJA System Test to see if your drive is fast enough to handle the format that you intend to work with.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]