FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA KONA 3 FOR FILM EDITING ..OR

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harcharan
AJA KONA 3 FOR FILM EDITING ..OR
on May 2, 2007 at 3:57:54 pm

Hi ,
I am a Cinewave guy and planning to upgrade for a Film editing project to be shot on HD.
I have a Cinewave HD box but just wanted to know the major difference in the two HD card ie AJA kona 3 and my existing CinewaveHD cardset.(I know Cinwave is dead but still ....)
Another thing is which HD camera gives the quality closest to film shoot in HD?
Thks
Harcharan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: AJA KONA 3 FOR FILM EDITING ..OR
on May 2, 2007 at 10:00:42 pm

Answer - RED (I just want to cause trouble).

Are you that out of touch with new products ?

Bob Zelin

ps - if you respond "what is the RED camera", then you are living in a cave, never read Creative Cow, and either have arrived from another planet, or have 11 kids you are raising. If you dare to day "I have a life, I don't keep up with this stuff" - never post on Creative Cow ever again.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 3, 2007 at 12:16:41 am

[Bob Zelin] "Answer - RED (I just want to cause trouble). "

Considering that Thomson Viper is available now,without a wait and a number of major films has been done on them. Zodiac for one.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

Harcharan
on May 3, 2007 at 2:58:17 pm

Hi,
Sorry for trouble I have caused you guys.Let us forget the Cinewave part...Is Kona 3 good enough for a film project on HD?If yes why?What camera is best for a film project on HD?

Thanks in advance.

Harcharan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on May 4, 2007 at 1:53:48 am

your questions may be innocent, but I can't resist these type of comments -

If the Kona 3 isn't good enough for an HD "film" project, than what is? What are you expecting ? Would you prefer to work with an Autodesk Discreet Inferno ? I am not sure what you are asking here - is the Kona 3 a toy ?

Same for the camera for an HD project question. Exactly what are you asking. If you have ever glanced at any trade magazine, you already know that the Panasonic Varicam, Sony CineAlta, and Thompson/GVG Viper are widely used in the professional motion picture industry. Are you asking "which of these is the best" - are you asking "can I use an HDV camera to make a film" - are you asking "should I wait for the RED camera? So I ask you a question - are you making a professional film - what is your budget, who is sponsoring your film, or is this a student film, on a tiny budget?

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Harcharan
on May 4, 2007 at 3:28:38 pm

Hi,
Its a small film with a tiny budget where we may not be able to afford the cameras u mentioned but we can afford a HD camera which wont be 'red'...ie any HDV camcorder.
Thanks
HArchu

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on May 4, 2007 at 4:54:51 pm

[Bob Zelin] "If the Kona 3 isn't good enough for an HD "film" project, than what is? What are you expecting ? Would you prefer to work with an Autodesk Discreet Inferno ? I am not sure what you are asking here - is the Kona 3 a toy ?"

Since that discreet product (actually all of the Autodesk hardware including Lustre) runs on the OEM version of the Kona 3, one can hardly call it a toy...

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]