FORUMS: list search recent posts

LHe connect 4 ch audio to BVW-75??

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aujom Productions
LHe connect 4 ch audio to BVW-75??
on Apr 24, 2007 at 9:53:55 pm

I have a client coming in next week that's bringing some Beta SP tapes with 4 channel audio on them. Obviously my PVW-2800 is only 2 channel, so I'm renting a BVW-75 deck. I've never used this deck before...does it accept SDI? If not, how can I get I/O for 4 channel audio with the LHe and the BVW-75? Many thanks in advance, Brian

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: LHe connect 4 ch audio to BVW-75??
on Apr 25, 2007 at 12:33:23 am

The old fashioned way... You'll have to do two passes.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Apr 25, 2007 at 2:16:07 pm

Or rent that player only deck that takes BetaSP, Digibeta and BetaSX and outputs all that to SDI. I can't remember the model number of it off hand. J10-SDI or something like that...

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Aujom Productions
on Apr 25, 2007 at 10:56:10 pm

Unfortunately the J-10 and J-30 don't output all 4 channels of audio over SDI simultaneously...you have to pick either 1 & 2 or 3 & 4. But the DVW-M2000 apparently will, it's just a helluva lot more $$$ to rent.

Can anyone out there confirm that renting the DVW-M2000 will be the answer to my needs? Thanks a lot!

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Apr 25, 2007 at 11:30:27 pm

Might be more than you want to spend, but you can buy an audio disembedder mini converter from AJA (HD10AMA) to pull 4 channels of audio via SDI but still send your video component. Depends on how often you have to do this, but it is a viable option.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Apr 26, 2007 at 3:09:08 am

Weird, i thought you could...it has been a long time since I used it. All the specs I find say it outputs 8 channels of audio (which I assumed to be four channels in the Beta world and I swear I captured 4 channels). Oh well. I have no experience with the DVW-M2000, sorry.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]