FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting questions....

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Wilson
Exporting questions....
on Apr 23, 2007 at 9:40:10 pm

Hey Walter, thanks for the Kona 3 driver info. My popping is gone as far as I can tell in and hour of work......ah the quiteness..

And nice to meet Bob Z. I understand so much more now...it's all good!

I've searched a number of posts, not getting the answer I'm looking for in the results.

I've cut a trailer for my film in DVCProHD 720/24. I'm trying to get a good QuickTime to post to our website and for festivals to use. Everything I've tried is either wrong aspect or looks bad. I've exported and re-imported into NTSC project with closest results, but still think it can be better. Tried various other things as well but doesn't seem right.

On my Avid (sorry, I ask forgivness) I'd export a QT and import into a proper aspect project and re-export the final.

Am I just being stupid (and tired)?

Best,

Don Wilson
MississippiSon.com

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Exporting questions....
on Apr 24, 2007 at 12:32:27 am

How do you want oyu resulting export to look? Widescreen, 4x3?

What application are you using to compress the movie? Whatever you are using you should tell it that the movie is 16x9 (even though it's not) and constrain the output aspect to 16x9.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: Exporting questions....
on Apr 24, 2007 at 2:53:56 am

Or just get a copy of Squeeze and make your life easier. Compressor is kind of a pain if you don't know what you are doing. Squeeze will drag n' drop with some good presets and it is smart enough to maintain your aspect ratio.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]