FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Crackle

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Garry
Audio Crackle
on Apr 20, 2007 at 11:12:28 pm

So I have noticed that on my Kona 3 with K-Box I am getting an audio crackle from the RCA connectors. I have narrowed it down to the actual plugs on the back of the K-Box through trial and error. Anyone hear about this problem or know how I might fix it besides sending it in for repair?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Audio Crackle
on Apr 21, 2007 at 2:29:04 am

contact AJA support - trust me for now - don't ask any more questions on this forum - just say that you have the audio crackle problem with the Kona 3 and the K3 box. They will give you the correct information you need to resolve this.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Danrnw
on Apr 21, 2007 at 4:02:15 am

That's a pretty strange response Bob.
I don't think this forum should be about companies or representatives
for companies telling us when we can and can't speak.

Is this a known problem with the KONA boards or isn't it?
Those of us about to spend our money with either AJA or Blackmagic
to do the exact same job don't think this is a ridiculous question to ask if
others are having this problem. I'd read repeatedly that AJA boards have
audio issues with playback. Either they do or they don't or AJA knows
about it and is working on it. What exactly is the story?
You telling people not to speak up is bad for this forum, in my opinion.

Dan

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 21, 2007 at 11:04:16 am

[Danrnw] "You telling people not to speak up is bad for this forum, in my opinion."

He's not telling people not to speak up, this is not something any of us can fix for Robert. Tech support can correct this issue. It's a known issue with FCP that was addressed with the latest Kona drivers.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Danrnw
on Apr 21, 2007 at 2:52:39 pm

Gotcha. I guess I over reacted.

We are about to go with either AJA or BM and from what I could tell
at the show, they do the same thing but one is a grand cheaper.
So I'm looking for answers.

Dan

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 21, 2007 at 9:54:02 pm

If you are about to build a new system, there are 2 hot new products out (if you want to compare Blackmagic and AJA) - the AJA I/O HD, and the Blackmagic Eclipse. So please don't say that ""one system is $1000 cheaper than the other"" - when both are $3495.

I see no reason any longer to compare the Kona 3 to the Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme or Multibridge.

Bob Zelin

ps - if you want to resolve your crackle issue, just follow my advice on that I gave at the beginning of this thread.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 21, 2007 at 10:55:36 pm

[Bob Zelin] "just follow my advice on that I gave at the beginning of this thread."

Why suddenly are you so darn cryptic Bob? You've never been one to hold back for as long as I've seen you in action.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Danrnw
on Apr 21, 2007 at 11:52:58 pm

The iO HD is designed to work with 800 firewire ports and does not support
uncompressed HD, but handles the new ProRes 422 from Apple. It's a nice device
but it's not the same as the KONA 3 and/or the Multibridge Extreme or Eclipse.
You are correct about the price differences however. They are not that big a deal.
I was wrong there was a grand difference. I now see dealers selling the KONA 3
with a breakout box for 3 grand. It all comes down to which features you want.

Dan

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 21, 2007 at 5:09:30 pm

[walter biscardi] "He's not telling people not to speak up, this is not something any of us can fix for Robert. Tech support can correct this issue. It's a known issue with FCP that was addressed with the latest Kona drivers."

Walter,

I'm confused. Do the latest drivers fix the issue or do you have to call tech support to fix the issue?

And, is this problem across all Kona cards or just in the Kona3? The reason I ask is that it does seem to me that I'm hearing stuff here on my Kona LH I didn't used to hear, but I'm not certain if its the card of just issues with a project shot on a cheap camera.

TIA,
DRW

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Don WIlson
on Apr 22, 2007 at 9:47:24 am

Geez, is it me?

Cool to meet you guys in Vegas and for some reason I have the urge to shout!! And Bob, next time more tickets eh..

For the BM/AJA choice guy.......just can't speak highly enough about the AJA products in general and the Kona 3 in particular. Think Bob was being gentle in suggesting the problem is fixed. Betcha it was and FCP problem.........

Don Wilson
MississippiSon.com

Return to posts index

lightning ad
on May 21, 2007 at 10:29:40 pm

This post has got me worried!!

My K3 Breakout box has just developed an audio problem, and i have also traced it back to the RCA monitor out plugs. Basically, the right channel has ceased to work.

Not something i would expect of hardware only 10 months old, and located in a rack well away from knocks and bashes.

I doubt this is something a software upgrade will fix, and after speaking to the dealer i bought it from, was told its a known problem and my unit has to be shipped back to Aja. Which is a damn nuisance, as i'm in the UK, and they cannot locate a spare for me to use whilst the hardware is circumnavigating the globe. How can my edit suite be expected to operate without the video card (i know the card remains, but the spare set of breakout cables that came with the card seem to be different cables to those i use with the breakout box!! Hence, my sdi - dbeta workflow is compromised).

I do hope this is something they can solve quickly!!

adam

Editor/Mixer
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]