FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP5/Kona LHe frame dropping trouble - need help!

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Technique
FCP5/Kona LHe frame dropping trouble - need help!
on Apr 20, 2007 at 10:05:50 am

OK, here we go...

I'm getting this weird "dropped frame" message from Final Cut every time I try to read the most basic 1920x1080 sequence (just one clip I dropped in the timeline...no big deal ! ).

I'm running a brand new editing set on a G5 MacPro (2x2GHz, 6 GoRAM, OSX 10.4.9), Fiber Channel AppleXserve (Raid 0, 7 To), Kona LHe version 3.3 and Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 with a Sony HDW-D2000 VTR.
Capturing is apparently OK, as well as rendering, but we can only read our sequences when the AJA monitoring is disabled...

I seem to have way enough memory to run FCP without any failure, all my medias are on the Xserve, I trashed my FCP preferences, runned the Disk Utility and everything looks fine... strange thing is when I run the AJA test, the reading graphs drops very low.

I'm pretty new at using HD standards and Raid systems, so I may have made mistakes while configuring it.

could anybody help me, please... anyone?

Pauline.

PS: I hope I'm being clear enough, English is not my native language...

Return to posts index

szumlins
Re: FCP5/Kona LHe frame dropping trouble - need help!
on Apr 20, 2007 at 4:15:19 pm

I'm willing to bet your sequence is setup improperly. Framesize might be correct but the codec is wrong.

What codec are you using? What framerate?

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

Technique
on Apr 20, 2007 at 5:32:31 pm

Hi Mike,
and thanks for answering the post...

It's pretty much what I was thinking at first but I checked it: both video monitoring and sequence settings are the same: AJA Kona 1080i 25fps 10 Bits.

I've been using (successfully until now) FCP for quite some time now, and the only time I recall having those frame-dropping messages was on a Power Mac G5, using a Pinnacle CineWaves SD card (yuk!), we had to switch the storage from SCSI ATTA Raid to FireWire800 in order to stop it from bugging while reading, and it works properly now...)

In the future I will have to use both 25 or 24fps standards, is there any advice you can give on how to get things straight? I must admit I'm kind of lost within all those frame rates and standards....

best from Paris,

Pauline.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 20, 2007 at 5:19:59 pm

I answered this is the FCP forum.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]