FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 board/software error

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
salerno
Kona 3 board/software error
on Apr 12, 2007 at 4:57:06 pm

Hello all,

We are trying to capture via a D5 deck into FCP using the Kona 3. Final Cut Pro is reading the Kona 3 Easy set up, however, when we try the 1080i 29.97 set up, we get a message saying the device cannot be found followed by "this computer does not have any serial ports required by this protocol"

Similarly, when we check the Kona 3 control panel, we get a message in red that reads "kona board or software not installed", however, under the format tab, we get a "Kona card in use by Mac Desktop".

We've tried re-installing the software, but have no luck.

Has this happened to anyone here, and if so how did they troubleshoot the issue?

Also, one final question- under Device Control in the FCP capture settings- what will be our option for a D5 deck?

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

salerno
Re: Kona 3 board/software error
on Apr 12, 2007 at 5:04:44 pm

PS- we are using Pro-max / Satamax 2.5TB Raid stripped across 20 drives and running FCP 5.1

Return to posts index

szumlins
on Apr 12, 2007 at 5:31:57 pm

Go into the control tab in the Kona Control panel and change your output to color bars or hold last application. I believe you have your output set to Mac Desktop currently.

---

--

-Mike

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Apr 12, 2007 at 6:38:39 pm

[szumlins] "I believe you have your output set to Mac Desktop currently."

That actually doesn't matter. FCP settings will override that when you switch to FCP. That setting only applies when FCP or After Effects is not running or you switch to the Desktop.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Arniepix
on Apr 12, 2007 at 6:26:44 pm

[salerno] "this computer does not have any serial ports required by this protocol""

Check your deck control settings. It should be set to one of the Kona RS-422 presets.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]