FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Output to DVCAM

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AthenRoss
Kona 3 Output to DVCAM
on Apr 11, 2007 at 10:40:56 pm

Hello,

So, I just had a question in regards to sending video out to a DVCAM deck via a Kona 3 card. This was attempted last night via the Kona cards Y/R/B and RS-422 for deck control. The deck control worked, however the video signal would not. We needed to use the Kona card because we were trying to downconvert from DVCPROHD 720p to standard def DVCAM.

I am wondering, do we need the optional SDI board for our deck (Sony DSR-1500a) in order to edit to tape? It didn't seem to like our Y/R/B and there are no SDI ports without that board. I suppose the other option is alter the clips in Compressor to SD and then output those via Firewire.

Any thoughts or advice is, of course, greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
~David

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 Output to DVCAM
on Apr 12, 2007 at 1:27:34 am

Do you have the Downconvert set up correctly in the Kona Control Panel? That is, you see the "Downconvert" show up on the Component output? If you don't see that there, then you're still sending out an HD signal.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 12, 2007 at 1:29:25 am

[walter biscardi] "o you have the Downconvert set up correctly in the Kona Control Panel? That is, you see the "Downconvert" show up on the Component output? If you don't see that there, then you're still sending out an HD signal."

Ditto...

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

AthenRoss
on Apr 12, 2007 at 3:13:13 am

Sorry for the late reply! Suddenly got slammed!

Yes, I have 720p59.94 in the Primary Format selection, and 525i29.97 in the Secondary Format with the DownConvert box under the Component line.

Return to posts index

gary adcock
on Apr 12, 2007 at 3:48:21 am

[AthenRoss] "525i29.97 in the Secondary Format with the DownConvert box under the Component line."

but what type of Comp. Sig?

my guess is it is NOT set to SMPTE / EBU for the signal out.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

athenross
on Apr 12, 2007 at 8:55:28 am

[gary adcock] "but what type of Comp. Sig?

my guess is it is NOT set to SMPTE / EBU for the signal out."

Now that is weird. I replied to this hours ago, but my response did not show up. Oh well.

I tried going through every component signal in the Control Panel, but yes, the default setting was SMPTE/EBU...didn't work.

Return to posts index

AthenRoss
on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:07:59 am

Gave this another go last night. No dice. The deck refuses to receive a signal. We are using the Y/R/B cables from the Kona card, but there is no Y/R/B playback setting in FCP's video playback options.

The Kona Control Panel shows "Downconvert" since our primary format is set to 720p59.94 and the secondary is set to 525i29.97 and our component signal is SMPTE/EBU (we've also tried all of the other signal settings).

I apologize for dragging this out, but there must be something fundamentally wrong that I am doing.

Thanks In Advance!
~Athen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]