FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA LHe and LaCie S2S drive

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
CWPost
AJA LHe and LaCie S2S drive
on Apr 10, 2007 at 3:38:56 pm

I have a aja lhe card installed in my Mac Quad 2.5 machine. It works flawlessly. I bought the LaCie esata S2S Big drive and installed the sata pci-e card. My problem is the drives only show up when I take the AJA card out. I've tried about every combination and still no dice. LaCie says it's a apple or aja issue, haven't found anyone else with this problem. I really need the sata card to work with AJA card installed. Any advice?
Thanks,
Colton

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: AJA LHe and LaCie S2S drive
on Apr 10, 2007 at 4:00:06 pm

Did you run the PCIe slot utility per the instructions provided by AJA?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Apr 10, 2007 at 4:11:05 pm

you have 3 slots in the QUAD - slots 2, 3, and 4. The Kona LHe should be in Slot 4, and the SATA host card should be in slot 3. You can't put both cards in slots 2 and 3. You can see the slot #'s silk screened on the back of the MAC, - it's grey color with white circles.

Use the system profiler to make sure that both cards are seen. I can't believe that Lacie is blaming the AJA card, and not taking responsibility to help you. Next time, buy CalDigit. Once again - support is everything.

bob Zelin

Return to posts index

CWPost
on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:47:57 am

Thanks for the help. I did try the PCI utility that came with the card. No Luck. I'll try the correct slots and let you know what happens! Thanks guys.
Colton

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Apr 11, 2007 at 3:58:04 am

[CWPost] " did try the PCI utility that came with the card."

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, the Slot utility comes with the Apple OS, not the card.

From the release notes:

The default Apple factory configuration of PCIe slots in a Mac Pro has slot 4 set as an x4
lane, slot 3 as an x4 lane, slot 2 as an x1 lane and slot 1 as an x16 lane. Place the KONA
card in any x4 lane slot and configure the Expansion Slot Utility as shown in the screen
that follows (next page). For a detailed explanation on how slots can be configured in a
Mac Pro, users should visit the following Apple website and its associated links:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Conceptual/HWtech_PCI/Art...
pci_implementation.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40003937-DontLinkElementID_3

If you are unsure of the slot configuration as used in your machine, it can be determined
by using the The Expansion Slot Utility, found in the following directory location on your
Mac Pro: /System/Library/CoreServices. Occasionally, users may purchase a Mac Pro
and find that the slots are not configured to the standard factory defaults; checking the
configuration with the Expansion Slot Utility allows you to verify the setting is as desired
(sample screen shown below). For optimum performance when using a Mac Pro tower,
AJA strongly recommends users download and run the Mac Pro EFI Firmware Update
1.0 or the latest version of Mac Pro EFI Firmware. The Mac Pro EFI Firmware
Update 1.0, along with appropriate instructions, can be found at this URL:
http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/macproefifirmwareupdate10.html

Configure using the second option.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

CWPost
on Apr 11, 2007 at 8:44:19 pm

Thanks Jeremy,
I thought you were talking about the utility that came with the pci card. Under my Mac Pro: /System/Library/CoreServices, I don't have a utility called "Expansion Slot utility".I went to download the EFI Firmware update, there is no longer a link to version 1.0, now it shows 1.1 , which won't install on my computer. My Boot Rom Version shows: 5.2.7f1. I'm running OS X 10.4.9 I did put the aja card in slot 4 and the sata card in slot 3, but still nothing. I guess I may just go back to firewire 800. Thanks for your help!
Colton

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Apr 12, 2007 at 2:45:01 am

[CWPost] "Under my Mac Pro: /System/Library/CoreServices, I don't have a utility called "Expansion Slot utility""

What...really? If that's the case, you might have to reinstall the os. Make sure you double check to see if it's there first. Hard Drive/System/Library/CoreServices Triple check. The MacPro is capable of a SATA card and a Kona card.

Return to posts index

CWPost
on Apr 13, 2007 at 3:17:05 pm

Thanks Jeremy,
I triple checked did multiple searches, but nothing there. I guess I'll try to reinstall, thanks for your help.
Colton

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]