FORUMS: list search recent posts

- 1 Frame accuracy on Edit to Tape

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chrispy
- 1 Frame accuracy on Edit to Tape
on Apr 2, 2007 at 2:57:21 am

Hi,

I'm have an inconsistent issue with -1 frame accurarcy in Edit to Tape on a Panasonic AJ-D850 DVCPro50 VTR with a Kona LHe on a Mac Pro running OSX 10.4.8, QT 7.1.3, FCP 5.1.4 and Kona LHe driver 3.3

When I do an Insert, it will at times lay to tape accuracy on the frame specified but it will also at times lay to tape less the first frame. For example, if I have a 1 frame title called Title A, followed by a 1 frame title called Title B, at times on tape it will record starting from Title B so the entire sequence on tape is now 1 frame shorter. It seems to be a hit-and-miss attempt coz if I were to attempt another record after checking the tape and realising it has recorded wrongly, it will then be frame accurate.

I am using the following settings in Device Control Preset :

Protocol : Panasonic RS-422
Audio Mapping : 2 Channels
Timecode Source : LTC + VITC
Port : Kona Serial
Frame Rate : 25
Capture Offset : -2
Handle Size : 00:00:00:00
Playback Offset : 00:00:00

I have tried setting the Playback Offset to -1 but it will cause the first frame to repeat twice on recording.

Appreciate any advise.

-chrispy

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: - 1 Frame accuracy on Edit to Tape
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:02:00 pm

I'm seeing this with the Blackmagic Decklink HD Extreme card on a Mac Pro running Mac OS 10.4.8 and FCP 5.1.4.

Cheers,
Bill

Return to posts index

Boris Deleon
on Apr 3, 2007 at 9:14:36 am

Hello,

my system has been rock solid for the past 2 years.

Last week I noticed for the first time the same problem, the first image disappeared on edit to tape. It happened only twice since then.

G5 quad
running 10.4.9
Kona LHE driver 3.3
FCP 5.1.4
Qt 7.1.5
Protocol Sony RS-422

Boris

Return to posts index

chrispy
on Apr 4, 2007 at 3:28:36 am

Boris, Bill,

Which deck were you recording to ?

-chrispy

Return to posts index

Boris Deleon
on Apr 4, 2007 at 1:18:25 pm

Always been recording to a Sony DVW A500P

Thanks in advance for any answers

Boris

Return to posts index

Matt G
on Apr 4, 2007 at 7:34:16 pm

Hi,

We have the same behaviour on 5 x KONA 3 MacPro and 3 x KONA 3 Intel xServe installs . AJA response is 'no known problem".

We are trying to find something that is common but all other devices that require rock steady PAL sync behave correctly.

Return to posts index

shorty123
on Apr 12, 2007 at 7:47:53 am

Hiya, using Kona 3 with g5 quad, we have no problems with SD recordings to DVW VTR's however we are having major accuracy issues with HDCAM SR VTR's whether in Freerun, SD sync or TRI-sync genlock, so much so we are doing a second clone pass after laying out to tape to correct the TC. This doesnt help when needing to do a drop in though!

So far tests are showing that a Keyspan adapter (with one frame playback offset)is more accurate (i.e. the recordings are starting on the correct tape frame around 9 times out of 10)

This percentage inaccuracy is still a problem however.

Chris Short
Online Editor
Films at 59
Bristol UK

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]