FORUMS: list search recent posts

Missing a setting?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff@HLV
Missing a setting?
on Mar 31, 2007 at 4:55:33 am

I have 720p 59.94 sequence in FCP, first time editing in this format. I have the Kona LH card/box and the SDI In on Kona LH control panel gives me "no video" and I've exhausted my changing of settings. Not sure what I've missed here but am figuring I am missing something simple. I'm trying to playback/downconvert but not getting a signal coming in.

Return to posts index

Jeff@HLV
Re: Missing a setting?
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:04:27 pm

FCP settings: Video Playback: Kona 720; 59.94 (DVCPro HD)
Sequence settings: HD 960 x 720

Kona LH Control Panel: Upper left Triangle/ SDI In :NO VIDEO

For some reason the Frame Buffer is not getting the SDI signal. This is where I'm confused and need the help. Sorry I forgot to make this clear. If I change to a 525i 29.97 in FCP, the Middle left Analog In on Kona LH control panel I get the correct signal: No video changes to 525i 29.97.

Is it possible the card is not getting the SDI signal?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:16:06 pm

If you are trying to down-convert a sequence, why do you need video coming in?

Return to posts index

Jeff@HLV
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:23:51 pm

Response to Jeremy,

I was trying to get a downconverted VHS or DVD w/ TC Burn-in to client. They wanted all 2 hours of their footage. I cannot get timeline to playback nor see the "downconvert icon" in the control panel. I thought I needed to see the signal coming into the Frame Buffer where it downconverts to the analog out. Am I not understanding the way this works? I'm sure I'm confused somewhat as this is my first time attempting this.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:34:14 pm

Follow that link from my previous post. It tells you how to down convert with the Kona. Keep FCP with an HD setup and use the Kona control panel to down-covert. You have to setup your secondary format in the SD format you need, then choose your output and assign the secondary input to it.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 31, 2007 at 12:58:50 pm

keep using AJA Kona Control Panel, and NOT FCP until you resolve this. It is easy to miswire the KL Box and the KHe card, as it's not labeled - bypass the box, and go right into the card. Check all 3 BNC's (if you don't feel like looking at the .pdf manual). Once you get the video input to say it sees SDI video, then plug in your KL Box. If someone set this up for you DO NOT ASSUME that they did this correctly.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Jeff@HLV
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:10:17 pm

Thanks, I just started thinking it may be mis-cabled. I'll post back after checking.

Return to posts index

Jeff@HLV
on Mar 31, 2007 at 7:32:28 pm

My apologies Jeremy and Bob,

A little time to sit back and think about it. Jeremy, I went back to your first reply to former post and dummy me. I followed your steps and it's working now. Probably just not paying as close attention as I should have with all settings.

Bob, cables were hooked up correct and I think I've been overthinking it a bit.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion, the first post from Jeremy was correct for my situation. Operator error, but I understand now.

Return to posts index

JeremyG
on Mar 31, 2007 at 8:51:15 pm

Glad you are up and running.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]