FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 2 SDI Output

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nateboston
Kona 2 SDI Output
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:44:16 pm

Hello All,

So I think the SDI output of my AJA Kona 2 maybe shot. All morning I've been trying out edit to tape a Standard Def, 720X486, Uncompressed 10-Bit, 29.97fps project via the SDI output. I'm trying to record it to my Sony DSR-1500 DVCAM deck with little luck. When I try to go out SDI, I get a "jittery" screen of whatever video I'm sending out (It looks like similar to a video source that hasn't been properly terminated, but worse).

If I try to go out analog component, it can get it to work but the colors on the picture don't look right. However, if I go straight from the Kona 2 via component cable to a studio monitor, it looks great. If I then take the loop out of the monitor and send it to my deck, I get this bad color problem. However, I'm not so much concerned about this problem as I am about the SDI output issue...

I took the deck to my other editing suite (AJA I/O) and was able to record video via the SDI output on that machine. So I know the deck can record/play SDI with no problem. Then I brought the same deck back to the Kona 2 machine, hooked it up (AJ-422, SDI In, Etc), and tried to play the tape I just recorded. It played back with the same "jittery" effect - until I unplugged the SDI input. Once I did this, it played just fine!

My guess is the SDI output is shot....anybody else have a similar problem? I'm currently waiting for the good folks at AJA to call me back, but if anyone else has heard of this, please let me know!

Just another note - my AJA software is fully up-to-date and I'm running FCP 5.1.4

Return to posts index

gary adcock
Re: Kona 2 SDI Output
on Mar 30, 2007 at 3:57:05 pm

Sounds as if you do not have the control panel set correctly

open the kona control panel and see what the SDI output is set to? (right mouse click on it)

Also make sure to check the analog to see if the component is set to be SMPTE/ EBU or RGB for the output.

gary adcock
Studio37
HD & Film Consultation
Post and Production Workflows

Return to posts index

nateboston
Re: Kona 2 SDI Output
on Mar 30, 2007 at 7:37:15 pm

Well thanks to the folks at AJA we figured it out! Apparently there was a bad install on the Kona Software. After uninstalling it via their uninstaller, then re-installing it, it worked beautifully! Hope this helps if any of you other guys run into this problem!

Nate

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]