FORUMS: list search recent posts

AJA Codec & Final Cut Pro

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
eric sampson
AJA Codec & Final Cut Pro
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:01:40 am

I am importing into FCP some beta footage that was captured with another computer which has the KONA card installed. I went to the AJA website and downloaded the codec so I wouldnt have to render the footage on my system but its not working for me. There are no AJA sequence settings in my Final Cut Pro and I have tried all the different sequences i.e. DV/NTSC, Uncompressed, DVCPRO etc.... and I still have to render the footage.

What am I doing wrong?

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: AJA Codec & Final Cut Pro
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:29:19 am

[eric sampson] "I am importing into FCP some beta footage that was captured with another computer which has the KONA card installed."

How was it captured, 8-bit uncompressed, 10-bit uncompressed? If you don't know the answer to the question how could you possibly expect to create a sequence with the proper settings anyway? If is was capytured uncompressed, Kona uses the Apple codecs for these and you don't even need the Kona codecs installed. Find out precisely what codec was used and we can better better help you.

[eric sampson] "There are no AJA sequence settings in my Final Cut Pro"

As I explained above, you may not need the Kona codecs instaled, but more importantly, it doesn't sound like you sucessfully installed them if they aren't showing up in your sequenece settings or Easy Setups.

DRW

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:39:26 am

[eric sampson] "There are no AJA sequence settings in my Final Cut Pro and I have tried all the different sequences i.e. DV/NTSC, Uncompressed, DVCPRO etc.... and I still have to render the footage."

What are the Item Properties > Format for your clips? AJA uses standard Apple codecs so you should be able to play the clips on any machine.

You probably have a mismatch in your Clip and Sequence Settings.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

eric sampson
on Mar 29, 2007 at 4:15:27 pm

Thanks for your suggestions. I rechecked the sequence settings and found that 8-Bit uncompressed works great on this Beta footage.

***Since I mixing MiniDV and 8-Bit Beta footage in the same sequence timeline is there a setting that will allow me to not have to render?

Return to posts index

morten Ranmar
on Mar 29, 2007 at 9:18:50 pm

Finalcut does not fully support multible codecs in the same timeline.
Since part is 4:2:2 (uncompressed) and part is 4:1:1 (DV) you will have to render.

- No Parking Production -

Finalcut Studio, Dual G5, Kona 2, X-Raid

Return to posts index

Kevin Wild
on Mar 30, 2007 at 4:35:40 am

"Finalcut does not fully support multible codecs in the same timeline"

This month. :-)

Return to posts index

Simmie
on Mar 30, 2007 at 8:44:53 am

[Kevin Wild] "Finalcut does not fully support multible codecs in the same timeline"

Ah the heady days of Cinewave... :-)

-Simmie
2 G5 - Kona LH
3 G4s - Cinewave
1 xbox360, 1 PSP, 1 PS2 & a Gamecube
http://www.speak.co.uk

Return to posts index

colecox
on Apr 10, 2007 at 2:11:30 pm

Hi Eric,
I am attempting the same workflow you described in this thread: editing 8-bit uncompressed Kona media on an FCP that doesn't have a Kona card. So, if I am to understand correctly, all you had to do was change the sequence settings to 8-bit uncompressed (codec not specified) and you didn't have to render the 8-bit Kona media? And you didn't even have to have the Kona codec loaded on your Mac?

TIA!
Jonas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]