FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Media Manager

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Wilson
Problems with Media Manager
on Mar 28, 2007 at 10:52:53 pm

Hi all,

Looking forward to the NAB grazing at Hard Rock.

I'm having a helluva time consolidating...ok....media managing (copying) my feature length documentary to a new raid array. It appears to process everything correctly in the 11 hours stated, but upon opening the "new" project, there are hundreds of reconnects suggested that proclaim that the associated clip is not long enough or something like that. When I do experiment with one or two, it links totally different material. As well, my sequence is unrendered even though I've asked it to copy the render files as well and they don't seem to relink either. I hate to say it, but this is a breeze for the A-word system....yikes....Bob will bite my head off and the Hard Rock security wil carry him off to bouncer-land.

hope all are well..

Don Wilson
MississippiSon.com

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Problems with Media Manager
on Mar 29, 2007 at 12:39:53 am

Don,

How good are you at reel numbering and file naming??? Nine times out of ten improper reel numbering or duplicated numbering, or improper file naming are the source of these issues. FCP doesn't do a good job of moving or copying render files, but movng or copying media and jobs usually works flawlessly if you use proper reel numbers and file name conventions. I have sucessfully moved several large documentary features using Media Manager and I have never had problem except with the render files.

DRW

Return to posts index

Don Wilson
on Mar 29, 2007 at 1:02:46 am

David,

Good point. Had two assistants, one a moron. I suspect there are several cases where the stills (thousands) had the same and many processed shots via compressor etc could be an issue. I will take this thought and scour the original project and clean up suspected issues. Re: the render files....damn!

Don Wilson
MississippiSon.com

Return to posts index

David Battistella
on Mar 29, 2007 at 5:34:10 pm

I have had excellent results with media manager with large and small projects, but it all does come down to how the material was treated at stage one. also. to avoid issues of freeze frames and such the best thing to do is drag a freeze frame into a folder called freezed frames, reload that media and cut it back in so that there is a referenceable clip for FCP.

By and large the Media "mangler" has been a language issue. COming from Avid line words like offline and recompress can be taken to mean completely different things. I think that they can not call it consolidate or decompress in FCP because of patent issues probably.

David.

Peace and Love :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]