FORUMS: list search recent posts

iView MediaPro thumbnail issue with Kona output codec

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Green Bean's Productions
iView MediaPro thumbnail issue with Kona output codec
on Mar 27, 2007 at 3:07:05 pm

Hi all - I'm having some strange things happen in iView MediaPro (media catalog app) in thumbnail view after installing my new Kona 3X (thanks Jon for new life to a 2-year-old Mac). Thumbs display as white, or don't update, or display that bit from list view, or similarly funky stuff. I think iView is having trouble calling KonaVideoOutputCodec.component, as thumbnails return to normal after moving the codec out of /Library/QuickTime and restarting iView (to update its list of QT components). IIRC, iView called the QT video output component of my old Media100 rig.
Is anyone here using iView as their media management app? Any of you using Kona or another QT VOut card? Any of you getting funky thumbs? Maybe some Koners could grab the trial version of iView MediaPro from iview-multimedia.com and let me know your results with and without KonaVideoOutputCodec.component installed in /Library/QuickTime. Removing the Kona card itself doesn't seem to make a difference for me, so don't worry about taking things that far. Sure would be cool if we can help them track this down. [Did I just say it would be cool to help M$, the new owners of iView? I guess I did... huh... ]
Anyway, input from other folks would be appreciated. Tony!, it sounds like you might be hitting the same or a similar issue.

Mark Goldberg
Green Bean's Productions
800-227-BEAN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]