FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downconvert Input through Kona 2?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Larson
Downconvert Input through Kona 2?
on Mar 23, 2007 at 9:34:38 pm

I am hoping to downconvert some 720p30 footage to Anamorphic SD for capture, is this possible with the Kona 2? I had expected to be able to select a secondary option like I would for a downconverted output.

If this is not an option on the Kona 2, is it an option on the Kona 3?

I have a Panasonic 1400 deck hooked up HD-SDI to Kona 2 in a dual G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8 with FCP 5.1.2 and XRAID.

Bonus points if you can just tell me how to have the 1400 play downconverted video from the HD-SDI output.

Thanks

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Downconvert Input through Kona 2?
on Mar 24, 2007 at 1:26:08 am

Matt,

Select the Easy Setup in FCP for the format that you wish to capture and capture.

DRW

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Mar 24, 2007 at 11:34:50 am

[Matt Larson] "Bonus points if you can just tell me how to have the 1400 play downconverted video from the HD-SDI output."

It doesn't, you simply hook up the SD-SDI output for the downconvert.

For capture, David gave you the answer. Choose an Anamorphic SD format and capture.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

Read my blog! http://blogs.creativecow.net/WalterBiscardi

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 24, 2007 at 1:35:22 pm

Matt writes -
I have a Panasonic 1400 deck hooked up HD-SDI to Kona 2 in a dual G5 running Mac OS X 10.4.8 with FCP 5.1.2 and XRAID.

Bonus points if you can just tell me how to have the 1400 play downconverted video from the HD-SDI output.

REPLY -
Matt. You say you have a Panasonic 1400 VTR. Have you even looked at the back of your VTR ? Do you see where the SD-SDI output is? Do you see where the composite video monitor output is ? Is it just easier to type on the computer, than to pick your behind up, bend down, and look behind the VTR ? (My apologies to you if you are a student, and have never used a VTR in your life before).

Bob ZElin

Return to posts index

Matt Larson
on Mar 26, 2007 at 2:33:17 pm

[Bob Zelin] "Matt. You say you have a Panasonic 1400 VTR. Have you even looked at the back of your VTR ? Do you see where the SD-SDI output is? Do you see where the composite video monitor output is ? Is it just easier to type on the computer, than to pick your behind up, bend down, and look behind the VTR ? (My apologies to you if you are a student, and have never used a VTR in your life before)."

Bob - SD means Standard Def? I thought it meant Student Discount!

I didn't think it was that unreasonable of a question to ask if a Pansonic VTR can play both SD and HD over HD-SDI since I have 2 Pansonic monitors that allow both standards over one cable. Not to mention the all-mighty Kona card does the same. As does my router.

It looks like I WILL have to "pick my behind up" take down a cabinet, roll out 3 Middle Atlantic enclosed racks, build a cable, and hook the deck up over SD-SDI.

I guess I should be glad it's one cable and not 6 Component, 8 XLR, TC and sync...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]