FORUMS: list search recent posts

Should I wait?

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chinny
Should I wait?
on Mar 20, 2007 at 2:56:14 am

Hi,
I am considering to buy Mac system.
But, I am wonderig if apple will announce the new system(software) upcoming NAB.
I heard that Apple will introduce the new system (8 cpu), Leopard, and FCP 6.
If it is true, should I wait until NAB?
Any information would be helpful.


Return to posts index

Scott Shucher
Re: Should I wait?
on Mar 20, 2007 at 3:13:59 am

"Should I wait?" That depends on how badly you need a new system.

Keep in mind, that even if Apple announces new products at NAB, It's likely that the new products will not be shipping immediately.

So if you want to wait, you might have to wait until anywhere from May until August.

So the real question becomes, do you need the new gear to generate income now or can it wait. Only you can answer that question.


Return to posts index

CharlieX
Re: Should I wait?
on Mar 20, 2007 at 7:22:48 pm

That's always the case with the NAB announcements.... you get excited as all get out, and then wait for 4 months before anything ships.



Return to posts index


JeremyG
Re: Should I wait?
on Mar 21, 2007 at 2:58:00 am

[CharlieX] "and then wait for 4 months before anything ships. "


At that point, at least you know what's coming.


Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Should I wait?
on Mar 22, 2007 at 3:23:18 am

And just remember, once FCP 6 is released (and bug fixes 6.1, 6.2, and 6.3), FCP 7.0 will be released soon after that, and that one will be REALLY cool. So perhaps if you wait until 2011, you can get FCP 41, with the new AJA Kona 13 card, that works in 64k (because 4k is so 2007 !). And when that comes out, kids will say "did people actually shoot with film at one time ?".

Bob Zelin


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]