FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 Downconvert

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
FallingUpDCP
Kona 3 Downconvert
on Mar 19, 2007 at 7:17:32 pm

I am cutting a dvcpro Hd 720p24 (shot with a Varicam) piece in FCP 5.1.2 in a 720p24 timeline. In addition to HD, i need to also eventually come out to BetaSP for local tv networks. i know my kona 3does a great looking downconvert, but will it be able to edit to tape to the beta deck 29.97 NDF without converting it with software? Also, i captured using SDI and an AES converter. although the audio was in synch while capturing, it is way off in my viewer and timeline. Can anyone help? thanks.

Jay

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
Re: Kona 3 Downconvert
on Mar 19, 2007 at 8:07:14 pm

[FallingUpDCP] "i know my kona 3does a great looking downconvert, but will it be able to edit to tape to the beta deck 29.97 NDF without converting it with software?"

Yep, but your deck will be Drop Frame unless you manually change it to NDF. But I don't know of any US broadcasters that accept NDF, so check with the station before you do that.

For the DF edit, Set up your 720p timeline In Point at 59:00:04 and your Beta Deck In Point at 59:00:02 and you'll be good to go with matched TC for an Edit to Tape. Of course the running time of the show will be slightly off when it drops to DF so you'll have to make sure it times out correctly before you do this.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
http://www.biscardicreative.com
HD Editorial & Animation for Food Network's "Good Eats"
HD Editorial for "Assignment Earth"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Return to posts index

FallingUpDCP
on Mar 19, 2007 at 8:56:19 pm

Thanks for the help. The project is actually a bunch of spots so thats why I was wondering about non drop, I will still doublecheck with the station. any help on the audio issue?

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 22, 2007 at 3:20:03 am

I am confused by your audio issue. You should have captured your audio via SDI embedded audio. Why did you need an AES converter - what am I missing here ? Your VTR outputs the HD signal with embedded audio .

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]