FORUMS: list search recent posts

Kona 3 - A/V Playback Sync Issues

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
JackAttack
Kona 3 - A/V Playback Sync Issues
on Mar 16, 2007 at 3:33:25 pm

I'm looking for suggestions...

I'm having an A/V sync issue. My preview monitor is currently connected to the breakout box using the following:

HD BNC Components (Video Monitor Out)- my card is set to output as Analog HD
RCA Audio ports (Far right on the breakout box)

I'm feeding these into my HD monitor for previewing my timeline as I edit.
But when I playback, it is about 1-frame out of sync - audio preceeds video.
My guess is, the card is converting the HD digital video signal to Analog prior to spitting it out, and is causing the 1-frame delay.

My idea to resolve the issue: somehow get a HD SDI signal out from the breakout box to my monitor. I'd need a single converter that a) takes the HD digital video signal and converts it to HD Component, and b) takes the embedded digital audio and converts it to analog. This way the audio and video are both spit out of the Kona 3 in-sync and hopefully converted externally in-sync.

But, I don't know of an AJA product - or any other product - that does this.

Another idea: perhaps converting the digital audio signal to analog would work? In other words, take the digital audio XLRs out to some converter box which then turns it into analog audio. But my question becomes: I know the RCA outs aren't in-sync with the video in my setup, but maybe the digital audio would be... and by adding a converter it may have the opposite effect, making the audio be one frame behind the video instead?

I'm probably not explaining this well. Hopefully you'll understand it enough to have a suggestion... or perhaps this topic has already come up before?

Thanks a lot!
-J

Jacob (a.k.a. "Jack") ||
Creative Director / Co-Founder ||
LaunchPad Media ||
100 Galen Street, 2nd Floor ||
Watertown, MA 02472 ||
http://www.launchpad.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]