FORUMS: list search recent posts

Lost serial control of deck

COW Forums : AJA Video Systems

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Davison
Lost serial control of deck
on Mar 13, 2007 at 4:05:55 pm

Hi!

Everything has been fine for a month or so - Kona controlling my HDCam M2000p deck with no problems - suddenly I have lost 422 control both on FCP and in Kona VTR app. Ive tried to reinstall but no joy. Tried cable changing etc

Any other ideas?

Return to posts index

JeremyG
Re: Lost serial control of deck
on Mar 13, 2007 at 5:04:25 pm

First the easy one...you have the switch flipped to remote on your deck, no?

Do you have a KBox? If so remove it and try the snake of cables and see if that works. If it doesn't, perhaps your card gave up the RS422 ghost.

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Mar 13, 2007 at 9:44:03 pm

go to http://www.aja.com, find the uninstaller, and uninstall your Kona drivers. Then REINSTALL your drivers.
Bet it works.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

weevie833
on Mar 14, 2007 at 2:17:13 am

What Bob said. I have had NUMEROUS loss of RS-422 problems including having deck control up until the moment of record in-point, after which I get a General Error message and a "no Communication" error on the output window. I've trashed prefs, cleaned cache, un/re-installed drivers and it would work once, then not work after that.

I messed with reference settings in Control Panel and tried everything until it worked again. Now it works, though I have it set to Free Run, which I've never had to do before. I've re-seated BB cables, checked termination, shut down and unplugged, and some other things. I find it hard to believe my BB generator is NG since it is also driving my B room without a problem.

Mysterious.

steve covello
double wide post

Return to posts index

JackAttack
on Mar 16, 2007 at 3:44:21 pm

I'm going to bet that the previous comment about uninstalling the drivers, then re-installing the drivers, could solve this issue.

To be honest, I've felt my Kona 3 deck controller was buggy from the get-go.

I've instead purchased a Keyspan USA28X adapter for my Mac which works flawlessly for my deck control needs... it gives the Kona board one less thing to think about.

Jacob (a.k.a. "Jack") ||
Creative Director / Co-Founder ||
LaunchPad Media ||
100 Galen Street, 2nd Floor ||
Watertown, MA 02472 ||
http://www.launchpad.tv

Return to posts index

Sean Davison
on Mar 16, 2007 at 10:20:36 pm

Thanks - The re install worked -

This is an absolute necessity to any of us trying to use these products in a professsional environment. I have similar problems with both Blackmagic and Kona card. Why cant these companies get this to work properly - Avid never has this problem - It is always rock solid with 422 control - Ive never felt confident with 422 control in FCP.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]