FORUMS: list search recent posts

Milwaukee Irish Fest

COW Forums : Drones/UAV

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave LaRonde
Milwaukee Irish Fest
on Sep 25, 2017 at 2:57:58 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on Sep 25, 2017 at 3:05:57 pm

Drones cropped up as a subject of discussion between my wife and I yesterday. She told me she noticed a drone overhead during one of the many musical performances at the Milwaukee Irish Festival about a month ago. I asked her to describe what the drone was doing, and where it was located.

It wasn't off to one side of the crowd. It wasn't over a structure. It was flying twenty-thirty feet over my wife's head and the heads of hundreds of other people at the concert. When I explained the FAA rule about operation over people, she blew a gasket.

Not cool, whoever you are. If I can uncover your identity, I know a woman who's ready to file a complaint against you with the FAA.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Blaise Douros
Re: Milwaukee Irish Fest
on Sep 28, 2017 at 5:54:39 am

https://www.faa.gov/uas/beyond_the_basics/#waiver

Did you also explain that this is one of the sections subject to waiver, and that the operator could easily have been doing it perfectly legally?

Get educated before you shoot your mouth off, Dave, and quit using this as a public forum to air your ignorance. You're just embarrassing yourself. The adults would like to use this forum to talk about real issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]