I am grading HD color footage in AE CC2015.
I need to achieve a quality black and white, and footage was shot accordingly.
The easiest thing would be setting the saturation to zero and tweak some Curves.
So I am wondering,
are there better, more advanced ways to achieve better results?
1. you can set contrast on separate channels with effect - shift
duplicate footage 3 times, set transfer modes to screen
in layer1, set red to full on, blue and green to full off, repeat
layer2 blue full on, red and green full off
layer 3 green full on, red and blue full off
you can now go back and create custom contrast curves in the separate layers.
2. key out specific colors for alpha matte
3. shift as luminance, levels, input white/black as alpha matte
for contrast layer mid-tones
4. unsharp areas from previous alpha mattes
5. duplicate footage and set as overlay, soft light etc.
6. add grain
7. add bloom with white solid set transfer mode add, alpha matte