FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for best colour options for my documentary film

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas Canavan
Looking for best colour options for my documentary film
on Jul 23, 2019 at 3:50:39 am

Hey to all...I have finished a doc film (80 min duration) in Melbourne, Australia and am looking for the best option for the colour work.
I started this project in 2008, filming on a Sony HDR-FX1. Yes, I know, it's old and pretty low end.

We successfully crowd funded the project and I have been working with a local film company to get it finished and released. The edit, post-audio and music etc have been completed.
I am not looking for miracles or anything, really just a solid job to bring it together visually. I totally understand what we are working with quality wise.
Most places/people I have come across have no experience with HDV footage like this.

What is the best way to go here? Advice on who may be best to talk to about this job? What sort of cost is involved?How long may a job like this take? What exactly would I need to do with the footage pre getting it to Colour to get it to the best quality it can be?

The edit was done in Adobe Premier. Footage captured in Final Cut Pro 6 as HDV - 1080i50.

Thanks for any advice. Feel free to ask questions if I haven't included any necessary information.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]