FORUMS: list search recent posts

Display too warm after X-Rite calibration?

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Langdon
Display too warm after X-Rite calibration?
on Oct 2, 2018 at 2:35:49 pm

I have been getting into color correction often the past years, reading a book or two and taking some online tutorials.
Equipment slowly being added, such as backlighting (Luminoodle's 6500k pro version) for the large 4K TV on the gray wall, very dim ambient lighting (6500K), DELL UP2516D monitor; and most recently, the X-Rite i1 Display Pro.

My issue is this: I have calibrated my DELL following the detailed instructions, using the X-Rite software first, and then unistalling it and trying the DELL DUCS software (which is based on the X-Rite solution). And the profiles both methods have created, stored in the CAL1 and CAL2 settings in the DELL display, come out seeming too warm. This is the case even when I calibrate with no ambient lighting at all as well as without the 4K TV above nor the Luminoodle, just the monitor. (One thing that occurred to me and is still a question: when I place the X-Rite on the table to measure ambient lighting, it is right in front of the monitor itself, which in theory is 6500k... is this influencing the reading? Since I see nowhere the advice to turn off the monitor when doing ambient light reading, I presume I shluldn't do this so I don't.

Does anyone have an opinion on this? Should I get used to the warm look and trust it, as some posts and tutorials seem to suggest?

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]