I am looking for good resources on getting setting up a calibrated monitor and a workflow that goes:
1) Edit in Premiere Pro CC
2) Color in Davinci Resolve
3) Export luts from Resolve
4) Finish/Export from PP
We were looking at a video that we graded in this manner: exported a LUT and applied the LUT in Premiere before exporting. We played the video after uploading to YouTube on three different browsers and look at the crazy differences just based on browser! (screenshot attached)
How the heck are we supposed to handle this?! My questions really boil down to:
- What color gamut should I set my calibrated monitor to (I assumed sRGB)
- What gamma should I set my calibrated monitor to (I assumed 2.2)
- Is there another setting I should consider to set up calibrated monitor to so that it looks like the majority of other laptop screens in the world?
- Is there a way to avoid these major differences in color on the web?
- Are there web standards that I am not aware of?
For some backstory, I am working on a Mac Pro, Premiere Pro CC (latest), Resolve Studio 12.5, Eizo ColorEdge CG318-4K 31.1" calibrated 4K monitor via decklink.