FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching Canon 7d footage with Black magic Pocket cinema camera

COW Forums : Color Grading

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Arnold Korir
Matching Canon 7d footage with Black magic Pocket cinema camera
on Sep 10, 2017 at 2:15:21 pm

Hi guys.I'm an editor but i also do a bit of color work when required.currently i have a show that i need to color too,but the big challenge is that its shot on a Canon 7d and a blackmagic pocket cinema camera.matching the two cameras has been an issue.any ideas on how to do it?i work in premiere pro primarily so most color work is on lumetri. I've attached some reference images of a scene that i need to match.any help much appreciated.Top image is the blackmagic and bottom is the 7d.

Return to posts index

Chris Wright
Re: Matching Canon 7d footage with Black magic Pocket cinema camera
on Sep 11, 2017 at 6:13:15 am

ahh! I don't know why you didn't post two shots with the same actor in focus and facing the camera. I had to make
some guesses. see if this gets you in the right direction. using the crop tool helps you focus on one color at a time
in the hue/hsl/yuv/ scopes.

premiere preset with lumetri and fast color corrector

https://f1.creativecow.net/11668/7d-to-blackmj-premiere-lumetri-and-fast-co...

Return to posts index

Arnold Korir
Re: Matching Canon 7d footage with Black magic Pocket cinema camera
on Sep 11, 2017 at 11:27:52 am

Thanks for this.just from the image i can tell its right where i'd like it to be.i posted this two as these two have to cut with each other so if these work i'm sure the rest will fall into place with a little bit of tweaking.I'll post back a response once i try it on my timeline.All help much appreciated.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]