FORUMS: list search recent posts

Catalyst Browse alternatives?

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Kell Smith
Catalyst Browse alternatives?
on May 6, 2019 at 12:15:43 am
Last Edited By Kell Smith on May 6, 2019 at 3:39:46 am

I am running an older OS (OSX10.8.5). Yes I have a reason.

Have used several versions of Catalyst Browse that were for my OS but none have worked. Two of them started working, got my hopes up, transcoded files fine, then suddenly stopped. Most of the time it crashes on startup and will not even send a report.

There is one tech support person who has been really great when we have spoken, but I can no longer reach anyone. I've been trying to reach them on and off for over a year. At one point months ago we were in contact, but then ... nothing. No answers for months, to my updated responses/questions. There was a slight delay in my response so perhaps they marked it as solved. However my attempts to reach them have gone unanswered again for months. It's like aliens came down and the entire team has gone full Betty and Barney. (Except at least Betty and Barney came back).

I have an NX5U shooting AVCHD and need the full capability to read the file data, combine relay clips and so on. Are there any good alternatives? Because I'm really sick of trying to make this software work for over two years.

I've uninstalled it by deleting it and deleting the plist and a Catalyst folders that came up in a search but reinstalls (tried three versions) continue to crash. It was once working, then stopped, and I'm thinking there's a loose file somewhere that's causing a conflict. It may just be that these earlier versions are simply unstable though.

Thank you

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]