FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Catalyst Browse 2018.1Crashes on Startup (WIN 10)

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Thierry Humeau
Sony Catalyst Browse 2018.1Crashes on Startup (WIN 10)
on Sep 19, 2018 at 11:07:38 am

Catalyst Browse 2018.1 crashes on startup on my new Dell XPS Laptop (Win 10 Pro - Intel i9 - Nvidia GTX 1050Ti). I tried de-install, re-install a few time. Also tried the 2017 version, same problem. Any thoughts as what could cause this?

Return to posts index

Alistair Barclay
Re: Sony Catalyst Browse 2018.1Crashes on Startup (WIN 10)
on Nov 30, 2018 at 10:32:59 am

Hi did you ever get this sorted? I have the same issue

Return to posts index

Thierry Humeau
on Dec 1, 2018 at 12:02:07 am

Yes, make sure you have the latest Intel graphic driver. Windows 10 keeps updating it to an older version that crashes Catalyst Browser every time.

Return to posts index

Alistair Barclay
on Dec 1, 2018 at 8:39:42 am

Thanks unfortunatly I am still on win 7 and deffo have the latest drivers installed.
I give up trying to get Sony to respond to the crash reports

Return to posts index

Brad Selke
on Dec 26, 2018 at 4:49:05 pm

Has anyone found any other solutions to this issue? I am having the same issue with one of our reporters Win10 Dell laptops. The strange thing is that it runs fine under our admin accounts, but not with their generic user account. I checked the account permissions and those appear to all be correct. Also for s&g I did try updating the Intel video drivers with the current verision direct from Dell and no luck.

Return to posts index

Thierry Humeau
on Dec 30, 2018 at 4:29:49 pm

Which Dell laptop model do you have and what graphic card is installed? I am almost 100% sure you are experiencing a Nvidia/Intel graphic driver compatibility issue. The reason it only works when logged in as admin maybe because one of the good driver version may have been installed under admin only. You machine may be a bit of a mess now with several drivers versions installed under different user account. You may be better off resetting the laptop to factory settings and start from scratch.

Return to posts index

VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]