FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Catalyst Utter Fail

COW Forums : Sony Catalyst

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
TJ McCormick
Sony Catalyst Utter Fail
on Apr 22, 2016 at 1:55:08 pm

At the NAB SHOW 2016, Sony Creative software completely disappointed me. First of all, they brought an intern who had started with Sony a day before to help demonstrate Sony Catalyst. She had NEVER SEEN THE PROGRAM BEFORE THE SHOW. Then some new programmer (the old guys I knew from the past must have been dismissed) came over and started to tell someone that they were going to be changing the program to meet the needs of its end users. One of these changes was removing a function I had previously asked for in the Catalyst Edit software, which allowed you to change the playback speed envelope on individual clips. Finally, they don't have an upgrade program for previous owners of Catalyst, and have moved from a purchase to monthly subscription model. I wonder which end users asked for that change? I also have spent the last 13 years using Sony Vegas Pro, which hasn't seen an upgrade for two years. If anyone has any intention of using Sony Creative software programs, don't. The only program that might be of any good use is Catalyst Prepare, which is good for transcoding and grading .mxf Slog 2 and 3 footage. Otherwise, it's a bust.

TJ McCormick
Sony PMW-200 Owner-Operator
Live Event Video Engineer/Camera Operator/Tape Op, IATSE Local 720
Sony Vegas 12 User
Bluteeful Productions

Return to posts index

Daniel Goyette
Re: Sony Catalyst Utter Fail
on Apr 23, 2016 at 6:05:46 pm

I have go one step highter removing Catalyst solutions exept Catalyst Browse :
https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/24/997972?wfid=392&wpid=997904

PRODUCTION D. GOYETTE
TOURNAGE / MONTAGE VID√ČO CORPORATIF
DISTRIBUTION DVD / BLU-RAY / WEB
http://www.productiondgoyette.com

Return to posts index

TJ McCormick
Re: Sony Catalyst Utter Fail
on Apr 24, 2016 at 12:12:13 am

I realized that I have purchased either complete versions or upgrades with Sony products almost 15 times. I'd say I'm a pretty well seasoned user. I have made do with SVP for the past two upgrade-less years, and I think since I paid for Sony Catalyst Prepare V2015 and SC Edit 2015, I'll just use them until I can't anymore.

TJ McCormick
Sony PMW-200 Owner-Operator
Live Event Video Engineer/Camera Operator/Tape Op, IATSE Local 720
Sony Vegas 12 User
Bluteeful Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]