FORUMS: list search recent posts

Segmentation Fault 11 / Fusion 9 Studio

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design Fusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael O'Dea
Segmentation Fault 11 / Fusion 9 Studio
on Sep 24, 2017 at 9:51:12 am

I'm getting a segmentation fault 11 after starting tracking with the planar tracker in Blackmagic Fusion 9 Studio. Is anyone else having this problem?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Main Memory
NVidia GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB (selected)
Fusion 9 Studio Version 9.0.1 Build 3

Rangeway Productions

Return to posts index

Michael McCune
Re: Segmentation Fault 11 / Fusion 9 Studio
on Oct 2, 2017 at 3:38:31 am

Vaguely recollect this error, perhaps in Avid; may have been a corrupt frame in a frame sequence source.

As I recollect, found it by trial and error, that is, dividing the clip into two, test each segment to find the segment still producing the error; rinse and repeat; ... finally reducing it to a segment size small enough to scrub frame by frame. Then look for a single bad frame.

The culprit even be identified and flagged at the frame level as corrupt.

... just a thought.

Mike

Return to posts index

Michael O'Dea
Re: Segmentation Fault 11 / Fusion 9 Studio
on Oct 22, 2017 at 7:07:53 pm

Hi thanks, it wasn't that though. It seems to have stopped giving that error after I installed High Sierra on an external HDD to test to see if the problem persisted. However I installed Fusion 9 Studio on that and it worked fine, so I re-booted to the internal HDD running Sierra and tried the same Planar Track on that. It Worked Fine again!?!? and has continued to work ever since. The only error I get occasionally now is an "out of memory" error which I think occurs because I'm trying to track too many frames at once.
Ive heard that installing later versions of MacOS can sometimes make the computer incompatible with an earlier OS version. I tried re-installing Mavericks and it wouldn't install saying my MacBook Pro is incompatible. Well it used to be compatible, having run Mavericks on it for years!!!!!
I'll stick with Sierra now since what has been changed seems to have stopped the Segmentation error problem.

Rangeway Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]