FORUMS: list search recent posts

3d Camera not working correctly

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design Fusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver Leutnecker
3d Camera not working correctly
on Sep 14, 2017 at 8:16:29 am

Hello there!

I'm trying to work my way into Fusion 9 and am encountering the first obstacles.

I have used Blackmagic's DaVinci for the past few years quite intensively but am completely new to VFX/composting in general (and this forum) - so please forgive my newbie questions.

One of my first "test" projects involves a very simple compostion consisting of:

-a still image ("loader node") connected to a "Image Plane 3D" node to arrange it in 3d space.
-a "3d Camera" node

merged together via "Merge 3d" node

I would now like to use my right viewer to "see what the camera is seeing". So I dragged my camera3d node into the viewer and changed my camera options from perspective to "Camera3d". If I move around the camera I can see the 3d grids moving etc BUT the image I arranged in 3d space is not visible through the camera. Instead of using a still image I have also tried 3D text and a simple 3D shape - same outcome.

I have uploaded a screenshot of my compisition to visualize what's happening. Do you guys have any idea what the problem is?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: 3d Camera not working correctly
on Sep 14, 2017 at 2:52:17 pm

[Oliver Leutnecker] "If I move around the camera I can see the 3d grids moving etc BUT the image I arranged in 3d space is not visible through the camera. Instead of using a still image I have also tried 3D text and a simple 3D shape - same outcome.
"

The camera node does not and will not show you anything and you can't monitor it for the simple reason that it has nothing to look at.

Think of your node tree as a flow diagram. Until you have joined an object to the camera using the 3D merge tool you won't see anything. In other words, you have to be downstream of the merge for anything to show up.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]