FORUMS: list search recent posts

First timer newbie node question

COW Forums : Blackmagic Design Fusion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc whittemore
First timer newbie node question
on Jul 2, 2017 at 8:19:27 pm

Hello..

So brand brand new to Fusion. Just cracked the software did a few tutorials on YT. Just trying to wrap my head around nodes.

On this messing around attempt I wanted to add a swirling mist overlaid the video.. but instead it makes areas of the videos transparent. How can I set it to not make my video transparent and yet look, when animated, like a swirling mist?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: First timer newbie node question
on Jul 2, 2017 at 9:40:58 pm

You've used the Fast Noise tool as an Effect mask for your image. You need to be compositing it over the top using a Merge node.

Simon Ubsdell
tokyo productions
hawaiki

Return to posts index

marc whitt
on Jul 2, 2017 at 9:57:17 pm

That worked.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Aug 12, 2017 at 4:35:42 pm

One of the first things anyone who is learning Fusion needs to learn is the color coding of the triangle inputs.

It seems very simple now (years later) but I do remember my first few runs in fusion not really "getting" the orange triangle vs the green triangle vs the blue triangle that are common to pretty much every node you work with. (some have extra triangles as well).

Orange is your background.
Green is your foreground
Blue is your mask

Take that information and think in terms of any other compositing or photo manipulation program you have ever worked with. At first, don't think in terms of nodes, think in terms of layers. What is on the bottom, what is on the top, what cuts a hole, and at what point do I want it to cut the hole.

From there, fusion becomes much easier to understand as you start building up very complex trees.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]