FORUMS: list search recent posts

Simple rock cloner!

COW Forums : Maxon Cineware

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James McNelly
Simple rock cloner!
on Dec 12, 2016 at 4:24:02 pm

Hi

it's been a while since I've used CINEMA 4D, and I know this is probably very simple. I have an object (namely a sharp edged polygon) which I need to clone in order to make a scene like the attached. I need to start with very tiny instances of this object, and end with large scaled up instances. I also need them to be randomised so they are not uniform.

I have started out with the Grid Array cloner with a random effector, then added the step effector. I can't get the control I need to have it look like I need. Anyone got any better ways of working, or shall I persevere with this!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Steve Bentley
Re: Simple rock cloner!
on Aug 2, 2018 at 1:48:30 am

I wonder if the plane effector would be better. It will put a grad on the scale of the object over the length of the Plane effector widget. You can set the Cloner from the default Iterate to Random to choose the children of the cloner in a random order. Make sure to use the Random effector to shift the positions a little to so that the final instances shift from their initial grid layout. Then you can use the random effector to change the size of the already ramped sizes a little so every rock is a little different. You can keep adding effectors all day long to get a little more out of the set up. And yes you can have multiple random effectors if you can't do everything you want with just one.

But you could also use the random effector to shift the polys of the children around giving different geometry on each rock even with only one child of the cloner. You may get broken shading with this method - it depends on the original model - it should be all triangles - quads may "break".

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]