FORUMS: list search recent posts

Generating granulated sugar particles without X-Particles

COW Forums : Maxon Cineware

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tibi Iorga
Generating granulated sugar particles without X-Particles
on Nov 2, 2016 at 6:52:58 pm

Hello CreativeCow !

I am slightly confused about the huge amount of learning paths I can go with my 2nd year University project and I was hoping you guys can shine some light. Hopefully someday I can do it as well for others, but for now, heads down and learn.

I am trying to generate some granulated sugar particles to overlay on some real slow-motion footage slowed down with Twixtor from 60fps.

How does one deal with generating those without X-Particles? (can't afford it for now)

My idea would be to have food items hit a black background in slow motion, then, from that impact, sugar particles to explode around it. Sort of like dust behaves when a rock hits the ground.

Aiming for this style:

After this I want to use sugar to write something on screen, but after I figure out how to deal with it I can take a regular text to particle tutorial and reverse the workflow.

Obviously a detailed tutorial would take too much of your time but I'd deeply appreciate even pointing me out to some learning resources or naming the elements I need to learn. (obviously one of them is particle emitting )
Thank you in advance guys, really appreciate it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]