FORUMS: list search recent posts

CineRender.app question

COW Forums : Maxon Cineware

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Heuer
CineRender.app question
on May 9, 2014 at 2:20:14 am

Hello. I am setting up a new Mac Pro. I turned on the Firewall and since doing that, I get a warning every time I launch AE projects with a Cinema 4D layer:

"Do you want the application “CineRender.app” to accept incoming network connections?"

I can choose Deny or Allow. What is the correct answer? What is the CineRender.app?

So far I am choosing "Deny" and everything seems to work fine.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: CineRender.app question
on May 9, 2014 at 4:08:53 am

See the last paragraph of this page:
http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/details-of-cinema-4d-integratio...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Chris Heuer
on May 9, 2014 at 11:07:27 am

Thanks! I played with all of the security settings. The warning pops up every time I open the project (which is annoying) unless firewall is off. I never used Firewall before so I may just turn it off again.

Just wanted to make sure this was supposed to happen and that I hadn't accidentally picked up some bug from somewhere.

Chris

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

Chris Heuer
on May 12, 2014 at 11:40:57 pm

One other question. I have been reading a lot of your advice on using an SSD for the AE Cache. I am looking into Thunderbolt SSDs and wanted to know what size drive is "big enough".

Most of the posts I have read say to use the fastest drive you can get, but not much about size.

Is 250Gig big enough or, like most AE functions, will it use everything you give it?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on May 12, 2014 at 11:49:25 pm

Bigger is better, but 100-200 GB assigned to your disk cache is typical. It's hard to generalize, since every project is different, but 100-200GB should give you enough room so that cache items from your current project aren't getting flushed to make room for more recent items in the same project.

Keep in mind that the more disk cache space you have, the better the chance that caches will be used as appropriate across multiple projects---which is great when you use the same logos, lower thirds, and other assets a lot from one project to the next.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

Chris Heuer
on May 13, 2014 at 12:09:51 am

Awesome! Thanks so much for your guidance. 500 gigs it is!

Chris

Chris Heuer
Freefall FX, LLC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]