FORUMS: list search recent posts

I have a wonky folder, a saved AVCHD card, that won't copy and gives me Error Code -36 when I try

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noam Osband
I have a wonky folder, a saved AVCHD card, that won't copy and gives me Error Code -36 when I try
on Aug 2, 2016 at 7:24:00 pm

I copied an AVCHD card to my backup hard drive. I renamed the folder. I am trying to backup the card but it doesn't complete the operation. i get the error message "The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “BDMV” can’t be read or written. (Error code -36)." I tried duplicating the folder and I got the same error message.

I opened the folder in FCP X to import the files, and it takes a while to open (hello spinning wheel!) but it eventually does and I could potentially import that way.

Any idea how I can backup the folder? I can't think of any fix.

Return to posts index

Chris Sebes
Re: I have a wonky folder, a saved AVCHD card, that won't copy and gives me Error Code -36 when I try
on Oct 14, 2016 at 4:27:04 pm

Do you have another computer available? If so, try and network to the problem drive/computer and copy the file locally to the second computer. If you can use a Windows machine, this may ignore the error that the Mac is throwing up. At least this way you can try and make a backup of the file. Then make another copy elsewhere and see if that clears things up. Good luck!

Chris Sebes
Senior Video Editor
http://www.MediaMIxStudios.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]