FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desperate for support on quite a complex RAID setup!

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Chapman
Desperate for support on quite a complex RAID setup!
on Oct 8, 2015 at 9:42:30 am

Hi all -

I'll try and keep this brief, but it might be tough.

Ok, so we've been running a Promise VessRAID 1840s connected by a ATTO ExpressSAS H680 to our Mac Pro 2010 for about 5 years, and recently upgraded to a custom-built PC.

Our PC is and Intel Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.4 ghz, with maxed out RAM and a Titan X. It is currently running Windows 8.1

We got it a ATTO ExpressSAS H680 card to hook up to our Promise VessRAID 1840s and because we didn't want to format our RAID, we got MacDrive so that the PC could read Mac-formatted drives.

At first, everything seemed to work, reading and writing was all fine - but then sometimes it would randomly lose connection and then the only way to reconnect it was to shut down and boot up again.

I haven't got the Network cable connected, just the SAS cable so I can't control anything on the RAID itself. I've got the ATTO config tool installed, and I think I've got the correct drivers for the card and like I said it does seem to work a lot of the time.

However today, it has disconnected and won't come back, and I'm a little stuck!

Now I know it could be a million things causing this, but if anyone could give me some pointers or any clues as to where the problem may be I would be extremely grateful.

There just isn't any support online that I can find, nor any forums on Promise or Atto's websites.

I'm desperate, thank you in advance!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]