FORUMS: list search recent posts

RAID Stolen, what should I get to replace.

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Windsor
RAID Stolen, what should I get to replace.
on Sep 10, 2015 at 12:04:39 pm

So last week I came home to my apartment and my new Mac Pro was gone, along with a lot of other stuff. They also took my Pegasus R4 RAID. Turns out I only have $2500 of coverage for business related materials. Luckily the computer itself was purchased through another company and their insurance is taking care of getting my Mac Pro and Monitors replaced. That said with my limitation on what I am getting paid back I am not gonna be able to buy the same RAID with the same hard drives again. So I am wondering what you guys would suggest. I am looking at an 8TB G-Drive Studio at the moment. I am gonna have a main Time Machine backup and an offsite backup with Backblaze so I can handle not needing as much space as I had in my Pegasus 16TB (redundant data, so 8TB of storage). Still want 8TB of space at least but don't need redundant data from now on.

With my deductable I will be getting around 1,500. I need to buy a RAID and a new ipad with that so the RAID needs to be around 700-900 bucks. Any suggestions? I work on animations in C4D, After Effects etc etc.

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
Re: RAID Stolen, what should I get to replace.
on Sep 10, 2015 at 6:18:35 pm

Rich,

Sorry about you situation. I would be more than happy to work with you and find a solution that will be able to get the job done at a good price.

Give me a call 714-374-4944

Bryce Arroyo
Maxx Digital

Return to posts index

bryce arroyo
on Sep 11, 2015 at 4:41:44 pm

Rich,

Found a couple options for you, which will be in your price range and work with what you need them to do.

Give me a call and we can go over them, and see what you feel more comfortable with.

Bryce Arroyo
MAxx Digital
714-374-4944

Return to posts index

Craig Alan
on Nov 6, 2015 at 8:10:49 pm

no direct experience with this one but have had good luck with company

http://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/TB2SRT08.0S/

Mac Pro, macbook pro, Imacs (i7); Canon 5D Mark III/70D, Panasonic AG-HPX170/AG-HPX250P, Canon HV40, Sony Z7U/VX2000/PD170; FCP 6 certified; FCP X write professionally for a variety of media; teach video production in L.A.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]