FORUMS: list search recent posts

Storage Solution Feedback

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Laslo
Storage Solution Feedback
on May 13, 2015 at 3:34:15 pm

Hi Everybody,

I am in the process of doing some research on new systems to replacing my teams current aging shared storage solution.

After reading a lot of advice around here I am pursuing SNS, Small Tree, and Facilis as potential options.

We are a medium sized team with 4-6 editors, 2 motion graphics/animatiors, and 2-3 producers working primarily on 1080P and 4K XAVC with some Red, Arri ProRes, and other mixed codecs thrown in. Currently based on recommendations from all companies we are looking at 32 TB of shared storage shared via 10 GbE and 1 GbE connections.

My question is has anybody had bad experiences with either these systems or the suggested workflow? I have seen plenty of positive things about these companies and feel pretty confident in any of the systems, just looking to get actual user perspectives.

Thanks!
Mark

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Storage Solution Feedback
on May 14, 2015 at 10:29:30 pm

Hi Mark -
you have mentioned 3 excellent companies -
Facilis, Studio Network Solutions, and Small Tree all have excellent solutions. Exactly what do you want to know ? What editing software are you using ?

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
bobzelin@icloud.com

Return to posts index

Mark Laslo
Re: Storage Solution Feedback
on May 14, 2015 at 11:06:28 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for replying.

We are working in Adobe Premiere CC 2014 and After Effects CC 2014 primarily.

My questions are

1) Out of the three products, is there one you would recommend above the others? Is there an option that I should be considering instead of these three?

2) Has anybody had any negative experiences with these products. Overall I've heard nothing but positive feedback about all of these companies, so I just wanted to see if there were any known bugs or gotcha's that people have experienced that I should be cautions of.

I understand these are both subjective, but as you are the expert in these areas I value your input.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]