FORUMS: list search recent posts

G-Raid/Data Rescue - Bad recovery files

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kim Bo
G-Raid/Data Rescue - Bad recovery files
on Jan 6, 2015 at 6:01:02 pm

I've got an G-Raid 8TB external hard drive. I had problem with the drive, it was always ejecting by itself... So I needed to back up all my videos files, and I used Data Rescue 4 to recovery all the files since my external hard drive was always ejecting by itself and I was not able to use it anymore.

Once I did all the back up of my files, I format my external drive.

But, now, from the flies that I recovered, I've got video files that are fragment, that are very bad. So I call for some support to Data Rescue, and they told me to do a deep scan. But my external hard drive always eject by itself, so I'm not able to complete my deep scan.

Anyone could help, what should I try or do...
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
Re: G-Raid/Data Rescue - Bad recovery files
on Jan 7, 2015 at 8:46:24 pm

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your post. Which G-RAID model do you have, is it the USB 3.0 version? If so, the disconnecting issue you are seeing may possibly be addressed with a firmware update. Here is a link to the firmware updates: http://support.g-technology.com/support/firmware-updates

You may also contact me directly at eugene.gilbert@hgst.com for further assistance. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Kim Bo
on Jan 7, 2015 at 8:52:13 pm

This is the model I got: G-Technology 8TB G-RAID External Dual-Drive Storage System

The link of the firmware update you send me it's for G-Drive. Is it the same I need to use?

I will try to do the update! Hope it will work

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
on Jan 7, 2015 at 9:00:48 pm

Hi Kim,

There is a G-RAID update on there as well, I believe it is the 4th one down, says G-RAID v5. If your G-RAID has one USB 3 port and 2 Firewire 800 ports, then this update would be for that model.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Kim Bo
on Jan 7, 2015 at 9:26:22 pm

It doesn't work... I did the update, then I run Data Rescue to try to recovery my files... but the hard drive still eject by itself. I install G-Raid v5 like you suggest me. And yes my hard drive have one USB 3 port and 2 Firewire 800 ports.

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
on Jan 7, 2015 at 11:32:18 pm

Did you cycle the power by turning the drive off and back on? That is necessary for the update to work.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Kim Bo
on Jan 8, 2015 at 12:07:16 am

Yes I did... and it's really said that I've got the lastest update

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
on Jan 9, 2015 at 4:59:31 pm

Have you tried using the USB port? If it also does it on the USB port it most likely is an issue with one of the drives in the unit. I would recommend a data recovery company and replacement of your drive.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]