FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issue with backing up: Target drive ejects itself.

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alexandre Brandt
Issue with backing up: Target drive ejects itself.
on Nov 29, 2014 at 7:10:15 pm
Last Edited By Alexandre Brandt on Nov 29, 2014 at 7:10:47 pm

Hello,

I'm having an issue with backing up a hard drive with CCC. While backing up the target drive ejects itself. I contacted CCC support which gave me some troubleshooting steps. I did pretty much everything, changing cables, swapping drives from docs(as the drives are internal drive read on a NewTech doc in eSata and FW800 connections). After my first series of test, I thought the issue was the target hard drive with an issue (WD Green drive of 3TB) so I got it replaced but the problem still persists !

Before I go forward, I'd like to say I've been using my current setup for a few years now with absolutely no issue. I always use the same types of hard drives, read on the same docs with the same connections, same formatting of the drives, always back up with CCC....So its not something new that I'm trying here.

So, I run DiskWarrior on both source and target drives, rebuilt the directories and scanned the files, everything seems to be fine. Issue still persist.

I noticed that the issue happens when copying one very specific video file in the source drive to the target drive. I now think there is two possibilities. That file is corrupted for some reason or that file is fine but CCC is having issues with it.

Here are some screenshots:
Here is CCC backing up. Its coping that specific video file which is pretty large

And then suddenly, boom:

Does someone know a software that is able to scan specific selected files for any issues ? Or does anybody has any other idea ?

--
Producer | Filmmaker
http://www.bingo-films.com
https://vimeo.com/channels/800406

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]