FORUMS: list search recent posts

Daisy Chaining Two G Speed Drives

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Zito
Daisy Chaining Two G Speed Drives
on Jun 13, 2013 at 2:59:27 am

Hello,

I have a G Speed 12TB drive and am looking to get another one to increase my space. I do video editing and animation. I was wondering what the best way to daisy chain the two drives is. I'm assuming you can't do it using eSata connections. I have two eSata ports in my Mac Pro. Can I just connect both drives at once? I do not have Thunderbolt, so that is out. I also read that connecting the second drive to the first one with FW800 works. Is that fast/reliable?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
Re: Daisy Chaining Two G Speed Drives
on Jun 13, 2013 at 6:39:51 am

Which G-Speed: eS or Q?

eS: connecting the 2nd eS to another eSATA port on the same controller the 1st is connected to, will work.

Q: any eSATA port will work. Daisy-chaining eSATA-to-FireWire - doesn't. FireWire-to-FireWire - does.

HTH.

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Jun 13, 2013 at 10:23:46 am

Thanks for your response. It's Q. So I can connect both to my Mac via eSata and won't have any performance problems?

Thanks,
Jim

Return to posts index

Alex Gerulaitis
on Jun 13, 2013 at 8:45:16 pm

[Jim Zito] "So I can connect both to my Mac via eSata and won't have any performance problems?"

You shouldn't - but the usual disclaimers apply - "provided your system has adequate resources and doesn't have bottlenecks yada yada blah blah..."

Return to posts index

Jim Zito
on Jun 14, 2013 at 4:29:24 pm

Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]