FORUMS: list search recent posts

Online Cloud Storage, Backup, etc. as storage for big movie files

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan White
Online Cloud Storage, Backup, etc. as storage for big movie files
on Aug 6, 2014 at 4:27:55 pm

Dear CreativeCow.net,

I find that a lot of free cloud storage providers such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox don't have the sufficient amount of capabilities to store big movie files such as CGI VFX or RAW camera files. There do exist options for unlimited cloud storage, but those are paid options and are often used specifically for backup storage. Many of these backup storage sites such as Carbonite, Mozy, Crashplan, and Backblaze don't have the capabilities to share files with others. There do exist places where you can share files of unlimited size to other people such as MinBox and Facebook's built in Flyr app, but the files are short term and only exist on the server for 30 days. File hosting sites exist, but many of them have file size limitations and you have to upload the file in parts. A lot of people out there don't know how to download a file in parts. You can use FTP, but FTP hosting services forbid the use of FTP as cloud storage. What's the best option for me if I want to store and tote around huge CGI VFX and RAW camera files with other people within the company? Storage of huge files is expensive.

Regards,

Jordan White

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]