FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a great option to work with our content

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Milan Collin
Looking for a great option to work with our content
on Jun 11, 2013 at 2:38:40 pm

Hello, I am a producer of documentaries and many of our work is in very remote interesting places (mountains, desert, ice, jungle, oceans etc.). Now we have a truckload of well filmed HD-clips and I am looking for the most simple and easiest way to work and store the footage at the same time. What we did till now is back up everything on external hard drives 3,5" and have one copy in the office to work with and the master at another place. To work with the material we constantly have to swap disks instead of having it all good to go.

The most of the footage is well organized with metadata and some we have to transcribe again. I was playing around with CatDV for a while to see how this operates and seem to be well to me for the needs that we have.
So I am looking for a system where I have all my footage running in and usable for multiple workers. I would love to be able also bringing our content in for selling online (like Getty) as we do sometimes for producers worldwide. We work in an Apple surrounding. What kind of hardware and what kind of software do you suggest.

Hope somebody has good advise for us.
Milan

Buckle up baby, it's a bumpy ride...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]