FORUMS: list search recent posts

Gspeed Q mounting issues

COW Forums : Storage

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amy Wilson
Gspeed Q mounting issues
on Mar 1, 2014 at 6:31:58 pm

Hi. I have an 8tb gspeed Q that will not seem to mount on my desktop computer anymore in snow leopard or lion boot with fw800 but will mount just fine on my macbook pro (mountain lion). Have tried multiple computer and gspeed restarts, cables, ports, etc. it wont even show up in disk utility. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Gene Gilbert
Re: Gspeed Q mounting issues
on Mar 3, 2014 at 10:45:41 pm

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your post. When did the drive start exhibiting this issue? What connection are you using to connect on the MacbookPro? Did you try the other ports on the G-SPEED Q on the desktop computer, and what type is the computer? Have you tried other drives on the suspect computer? Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Gene Gilbert
g-technology.com

Return to posts index

Amy Wilson
Re: Gspeed Q mounting issues
on Mar 3, 2014 at 10:51:34 pm

I am using fw800 connection for both laptop and desktop. Desktop is 2009 mac pro. I tried both the rear and front ports and tried different cables. I have not tried to use this drive in a few months so it is just now that i am noticing the iissue. Shows up fine with macbook pro. I will try another firewire drive with the mac pro to see if it is an overall issue...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]